Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Analyze, journalize, and post business transactions.
- Prepare a multiple-step income statement, an owner's equity statement, and a classified balance sheet.
- Analyze existing account balances; prepare end-of-period adjusting and closing entries; and a post-closing trial balance.
- Account for cash and petty cash including internal controls over cash.
- Account for merchandising companies, including costing and internal control over inventory.
- Account for property, plant, and equipment; accounts receivable; and current liabilities.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by incorporating material into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs.