Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Describe the nature of conflict in communication, identifying its purposeful and problematic functions.
- Apply conflict resolution techniques.
- Identify communication methods for working effectively with difficult people.
- Define the role of communication in managing conflict at interpersonal and organizational levels.
- Identify principles and practices of conflict resolution within society and contemporary culture.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical dimensions in conflict management and resolution.
- Explain contributions that argumentation and critical thinking make in conflict resolution.
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a specific workplace objective using critical thinking processes.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by integrating material from personal journal and Web sources into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs in written work.