Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Identify culture in society and how you are influenced by your culture.
- Explain ways that context shapes cross cultural communication, both verbal and nonverbal.
- Describe the basic concepts and behaviors appropriate for effective communication with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Describe theories of identities and the role of identities in intercultural communication.
- Develop communication strategies to effectively manage intercultural conflicts.
- Identify ways the mass media influence global communication and cross-cultural adaptation
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a specific issue or concept related to the course.
- Reflect upon one’s own cultural worldviews and skills and identify areas for growth.
- Demonstrate college-level writing by incorporating material and thought into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs.