Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Define communication within the context of culture.
- Explain ways culture and diversity influence communication.
- Describe the role of media in multi-cultural communication.
- Analyze communication issues associated with race, gender/women, ethnicity, and religion in contemporary culture.
- Identify the role of communication as a factor in culture adaptation and communication competence.
- Understand the basic ideologies related to cultural biases, ethnocentrism, stereotyping, and attitudes among various intercultural groups.
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a specific workplace objective using critical thinking processes.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by integrating material from text and Web sources into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs in written work.