Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Recognize college-level writing standards and use standard writing resources and tools.
- Use standard English grammar and usage including conventions of grammar, punctuation, spellings, mechanics, diction, and sentence structure.
- Produce effective composition that has a thesis, supporting topic sentences, primary and secondary support, and a conclusion.
- Apply knowledge of reading and reflection skills that support writing processes.
- Recognize composition genres, including description, narration, exposition using comparison-contrast or cause-effect techniques, and write within selected genres.
- Construct sound arguments, using a positional claim, supporting evidence, counterargument, and refutation.
- Recognize methods of appropriately avoiding plagiarism.
- Use revision and editing techniques to clarify writing.