Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with both explicit and implicit arguments in context.
- Apply critical thinking to situations involving media, information, reading, writing, and interactions.
- Recognize the various concepts underlying an argument.
- Evaluate arguments in terms of accuracy, completeness and effectiveness.
- Evaluate and weigh sources.
- Practice standard English usage, including conventions of grammar, punctuation, mechanics, spelling, diction, and sentence structure.
- Produce unified, coherent, and well-developed paragraphs and essays that support the expressed or implied controlling idea.
- Use the correct structure for a research paper in APA format, including application and documentation of source materials, and construct a references page.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by incorporating material into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs.