Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Identify basic facts about the evolution of Western Civilization from its origins through the Renaissance, with an emphasis on showing how change occurs over time.
- Recognize the importance of particular names, chronologies, events, and concepts that contribute to cultural development.
- Use facts as “raw material” in making coherent arguments about the past and its diversity.
- Examine topics of aesthetic, ethical, and social consequence.
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a specific issue or concept related to the course.
- Demonstrate college-level writing by incorporating material into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs.