Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Define the concept of communication and its primary functions.
- Identify and explain the basic elements of communication that contribute to effectiveness in the contemporary society, including an analysis of culture.
- Recognize theories and models that provide insights on improving interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills, including listening and verbal/nonverbal behaviors.
- Choose techniques that create communication openness in settings where diversity of race, language and culture are represented.
- Recognize essential team skills required for effective group participation, and for dealing with interpersonal conflict in groups.
- Deliver a presentation prepared to address a specific communication-related objective.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by integrating material into clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs in written work.