Measured Learning Outcomes -- Ability to:
- Identify essential characteristics of fiction, poetry, and drama that denote genre distinctiveness.
- Define standard literary terms, concepts and traditions.
- Use literary tools to analyze the structure and interpret contributions of a literary work.
- Articulate and write incisive critiques of literary works or their specific aspects, incorporating research and MLA guidelines.
- Compare works of literature in terms of purpose, structural techniques, theme, and author's perspective.
- Write reflections on insights and imaginative responses to specific literary works, addressing relationships to contemporary questions or relevant life issues.
- Demonstrate college-level writing skills by developing clear sentences and cohesive paragraphs.